Owl's Head #48-4K

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjazz

Reaction score
WOW-After 2 Years of hardwork and some tremendous hiking trips I finished my 48th 4,000 footer of New Hampshire on Owl's Head this past Wed 8/17. It was a beautiful day for a hike with great weather; hiking out of 13 Falls (9.6 miles roundtrip) was a pleasant hike through the Pemi Wilderness and going up the slide on a dry day was quite a treat. With virtually no clouds in the sky the view from the top of the slide of the entire Franconia Ridge -and more was spectacular to say the least. It was fitting and rewarding way to end this tremendous task of joining the hiking club of the 4,000 footers of NH. Although the peak itself has no views the slide itself was reward enough for this hiker. On the way back down my nephew Matt (12 yrs old)and I stopped at the top of the slide for lunch. What a treat. Through most of the climb up the slide and the hike to the peak I reminisced about my many great hikes on this 2 year undertaking. I would like to thank my hiking partners from the past two years who helped me on this journey.
Tom Keren: Who hiked 20 4,000 footers with me between 2004 & 2005.
Jonathan Kloack, Brandon, & J.B. (Moriah & The Carters) 2004
Jeremy Chase (Kinsmans) 2004
Jonathan Kloack & Brandon (The Presidentials- 9 peaks) 2005
Molly-my mom's dog (The Tri-pyramids) 2005
Matheiu Jasneski (Waumbec, Cabot, Isolation, & Owl's Head 2005
To finish of this 3 day trip my nephew Matt & I hiked out via Twinbrook trail to Galeriver Trail. We had hit Galehead on the way in-for Matt, 2nd time for me,and we hit S. Twin on the way out-for Matt, 3rd time for me). What great views from the top of S.Twin on a beautiful clear day. Gazing out at the Bonds brought back great memories from my 2004 trip of Garfield, Galehead, Zealand, and THE BONDS-WOW.
We had planned to also hit N. Twin while we were in the area so that Matt could bag that peak, but scratched that plan because we were getting a little weary and eager to hit the trail towards the homeland and soft comfortable bedding. He will have to come back for that peak on another day.
I hope to climb a lot of these peaks again with my nephew Matt (who I said is 12 years old) and is looking forward to completing his list (now at # 9) before he enters High School. :D . HAPPY HIKING :D

Congratulations MarkJazz!

Congratulations MarkJazz on your 48!!
It must be such a wonderful feeling of Accomplishment!
I can't wait to finish my last 4 !!

Snowshooz
:p

Congratulations!

It's already looking like we'll have a good-sized VFTT contingent at next year's 4000-Footer Club awards dinner. :)