Parapet Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
used this trail once on the tail end of a hut traverse from lonesome to carter and regretted it. it pretty much solidified the fact that i wasn't going to hit the 24 hour mark and came close to breaking me. that said i'm sure it's interesting if you haven't been awake for over 30 hours and hiking straight for more than 20.
i'm wondering if a traverese of some sort is your reason for inquiring? if so good luck and have fun.

bryan

Does all this bashing of the Parapet Trail make anyone else more attracted to checking it out for themselves, or is it just me?

Does all this bashing of the Parapet Trail make anyone else more attracted to checking it out for themselves, or is it just me?

Yup - I'm actually intrigued now. Might have to give it a try at some point. Unless I can be talked out of it....

Yup - I'm actually intrigued now. Might have to give it a try at some point. Unless I can be talked out of it....

You so don't want to do it! Trust me.....:)

Now, I may be biased, because I had climbed the Daniel Webster Scott Trail in 100% humidity and high heat, only to reach the Jct of the Parapet with a thunderstorm threatening over Madison....the trail does offer some cover, but not much, and the bouldering was a PITA after all that climbing on blistering hot slab and scree....all of that lead up may have had an influence on my perception of the Parapet.....well, nah....the Parapet Trail sucks!:D

Parapet trail

I hiked it on the morning of August 2. It is a rock scramble almost all the way. Allow plenty of time. There were no serious boggy areas, just hard scrambling over big bolders.