Pemi Record Falls!Congratulations Farmer!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on an incredible feat Farmer!!! Did you do it on Saturday or Sunday? We heard Saturday so we kept wondering when you were going to fly by us.

Oh yes I did not mean to snub LRIZ who was waiting in all her cackling glory with beers.What a doll.
This record will stand only as long as it takes me to get in shape!I have alot of free time on my hands now....................................

As a little faster than "bookspeed" type hiker I am amazed at any type of sporting accomplishment that puts us mere mortals in our place! As a curiosity, never having met Farmer, what does he look like (pictures of him on the trail?) and what equipment does he carry when doing something like this?
Amazing!

respect-049.gif

thanks everyone for the props. i would like to thank rob for waiting for my slow a#$ on lafayette. i told him id be there from garfield summit in 45 minutes and i was 8 minutes late. also a shout out to the galehead hut croo for letting me make a food drop on saturday. i think a hut to hut is next. what is the record? and i'm going to break 7 hours before snow flies so get training rob. :D go team shake and bake

seriously amazing

can't even fathom it

how is that even possible? LOL

Running the whole time???

Very awesome Ryan! So did you stay with the same theme as your training at Bearly Live with a beer every 1 1/2 miles or just divide and conquer the suds with your support team at the end? At that speed you probably don't even have to worry about bugs n skitos keeping up! Very cool!!!:cool:

the preparations for the day ,blaring Bob Marley and Pantera while we got ready and generally causing a disturbance to all in the vicinity.

That's SICK !!!
I'm guessing that Pantera was the last thing you listend to before you left the trail head. That would certainly explain the quick time !
Nice job ! Hope someone greeted you with un-shaken beers !

These Pemi-loop records are just insane. I'm waiting for someone to do it barefoot, with a mini-keg in their pack!
Seriously, one heck of an accomplishment! gratzi

Sweet

Smokin' time, Farmer - congrats on your accomplishment!

i think a hut to hut is next. what is the record? and i'm going to break 7 hours before snow flies so get training rob. :D go team shake and bake

Beyond that, there is a variation of the Hut Traverse that tags 24 4000' peaks. One half of the AMC 4k list. It's never been done in 24 hours as far as I know, but it's very much in the realm of the possible.

i think a hut to hut is next. what is the record?

Congrats, Farmer! I think that Alex MacPhail's H2H record of 12hr 11min in 1963 is doable. But, he began at Madison, then visited Carter, Pinkham, and Lakes, etc., as was the custom in those days (so, a total of about 54 miles rather than 50 by starting at Carter and skipping Pinkham).

Thanks, Stinkyfeet, for getting Alex's story uploaded to The Fastest Times site. As many here may recall, my initial summary of Alex's H2H record on VftT a couple of years ago was met with much skepticism (perhaps still is?). But, Alex's record is not a "recent claim," as all of us who worked in the huts in those days knew of his record. For example, I met two non-AMC marathoners at Zool, where I was working in August 1968, who were attempting to break Alex's record, so the record was also known outside the huts.

Anyway, good luck, Farmer. Alex is an incredibly humble and unassuming guy, so I am sure that he would be delighted to see someone who trains hard such as yourself break his H2H record after all these years.

Just finished a training run.Feeling as good as I have felt since last fall when things took a turn for the worse.Still along way to but go with each day my strength grows.