Performance Enhancing Meat Snacks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I newer acquired the taste for Creton. Its closely related to Tortiere, pork pie. The traditional recipes tend to be very high fat content (very similiar to Pemmican), for many folks unaccustomed to the taste, it tends to taste like lard. I suspect either one is not recomended for those with high LDL

My MIL used to make creton. I think it involves long slow cooking of the cut of pork known as a boston butt. I think allspice is one of the spices in it.

AT $30 for 12 ounces of this stuff, I think I'll just try soaking my regular beef jerky in my thermos full of coffee. I will name this new invention "Dunkajerky". :cool:

Performance Enhancing Cheese & Crackers Snacks

I'm snacking on performace enhanced food now! :)

I'm haveing a cup of strong coffee with my cheese & crackers. :rolleyes:

NP, our firewall/filter blocks anything related to sex, gambling, guns, social groups, Facebook, Youtube, Aerosmith, among hundreds of other topics or words.

Great line from Slingblade when Billy Bob opens a can of Potted Meat:

"It's a might bit loud, hmmm".

Last edited:
:confused: Cretons ?

Bring it on ! Could be perfect food, but what do you drink with it at Happy Hour ?

LOL - When I clicked on the link it brought up a page with the creton recipes (Quebec Potted Pork) in a frame on the right, and on the left...

..an advertisement promising a method to reduce belly fat.

:confused:

-steve

I newer acquired the taste for Creton. Its closely related to Tortiere, pork pie. The traditional recipes tend to be very high fat content (very similiar to Pemmican), for many folks unaccustomed to the taste, it tends to taste like lard. I suspect either one is not recomended for those with high LDL

Ahhhh yes, tortiere.........my Mom used to make what we called "meat pies" years ago. My younger brother just made one at Xmas with some moose meat thrown in. It was pretty good.
Not exactly what most people would call "Health food". Although it did "Enhance" certain bodily functions. But it's probably low in carbs!
Meat- it's what's for breakfast!

Perky jerky review

Just ordered some:rolleyes: I will file a complete field report in a week or so:)

Just got my shipment of PERKY JERKY:D!!!!
I gotta say that it is very good tasting, slightly sweet with just a little bit of spicy bite to it. It is a soft jerky and not at all like shoe leather:) As a matter of fact it was so good tasting I ate a whole bag of it despite my best efforts not too. Does it really give you a needed boost? It is too early to tell, but if I am still posting after midnight we will know:rolleyes:
Either way it is good tasting ! I like it! Gonna be tough to save the rest to use just for hiking.

How'd you do ? I don't consume caffeine after about noon.

Chip,

Did well. :D Felt a noticeable caffeine "buzzyness" :rolleyes: is buzzyness a word?......I did get a good little pick me up and unlike the caffeine power shots, they will not freeze and explode in your pack, leaving a sticky mess if you forget to take them out of you goody pocket.(discovered I left one in my day pack that I keep in the trunk of my car this morning :mad:)

All in all good flavor and as advertised, Perky Jerky does give you a boost.

Good stuff.:D

More than coffee or caffein pills?

about the same boost I get from drinking one of those awful tasting 2 oz "power shots" or " energy Shots" in the supplied literature I received it states 120mg of caffeine per oz of jerky....I believe that is equal to a large coffee:rolleyes: I ordered the 2 oz packages of jerky ...So two large coffees per dose. Not bad:D

Not much more money than regular beef jerky, plus you get a little boost....If you regularly pack beef jerky and a power drink the cost of ''Perky Jerky'' is less money. I will probably buy it again after I run out. ...... Going to Katahdin for a week in February considering buying some more for that trip.

I am now reading the topic as "Performance Enhancing Meat Socks." Just thought I'd share...