Pierce and Eisenhower: 6-15-14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Pierce and Eisenhower: via the Crawford Path

Conditions were not optimal with upslope precipitation and "soupy" skies. The trail had a lot of running water on it and two downed trees. One tree had been de-limbed awhile ago but the other appeared to be a dead tree that someone decided to push over.

This was my first post-op hike since my endoscopic knee surgery in late April. It was great to be back on a 4K and chat with some nice folks.

Bugs were not an issue and there were only a few dogs on the trail who enjoyed the ample supply of water.

Z :D

You mention the precip, but not the wind...was is reasonable on Pierce? We got blown off Jackson about 7:30.

Hi Driver 8 and Jniehof,

The winds were pretty tame for the duration of my hike. I left my car at 9:20 and didn't encounter much wind on Pierce. I reached Eisenhower by 11:39 and would guess the gusts were below 30 mph at the most.

Driver 8:
Thanks for the encouragement! The knee feels good today. I didn't bother with pics as it was completely socked.

Z :D

Hi Ian,

I see you are busy filling in even more trails with red ;)

Yes, the knee is doing surprisingly well. I am still not back to where I would like to be conditioning-wise but the PT folks in Seabrook did a great job giving me exercises to keep these strong.

Be well,

Z