Pierce and Eisenhower

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KV

Reaction score
Good day for this traverse. Hit the trail at 7:30 and had it pretty much to ourselves all the way to Mizpah. From there passed a couple of families with small children but made good time to feed the black flies on Pierce's summit. We didn't linger long - I didn't want to drag out the DEET and it was too early for lunch. We headed over to Ike and jumped, slid, hopped and climbed our way over and through the small ponds, muddy sections, wet rocks, ledges and ladders that were in the trail. Cool enough there to get out the fleece hat and pull-over. Nice to not be sweating while just standing still.

Saw a few folks on Ike, had a quick lunch, hung out for about a 1/2 hour and nixed the idea of going over to Franklin and then taking the Edmands Path down to Clinton Road and then having the road walk back to the car - or chance our luck with a good Samaritan giving us a ride. Rest of Presis were engulfed in clouds. We headed back the way we came and made good time back to Pierce and then out.

6:15 total time with a hut stop and breaks. Not too shabby.

No pics b/c I was too lazy to carry the extra weight for my DSL.

Trail was wet and muddy, but manageable and we got in, over and out unscathed.