Pierce Eisenhower & Hi to Lucky Laura

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docross

In Memoriam to a Deceased Member
Reaction score
Bill Dotchin led a group from the parking lot off 302 to the summits of Pierce & Eisenhower yesterday. Man, it was cold at the start: negative 11 F, but absolutely no wind. Start time a relaxed 9:10 am.

I quickly trailed behind the main group, hooking up with Dave and Paul up to the summit of Pierce, by which time Bill and company were well on their way to Ike. Unbelievable views, no clouds, no mist, NO WIND!

As I pursued the group over to Eisenhower, I met Lucky Laura returning from the summit; I have never met her but we quickly ID'd each other by our VFTT names, and continued on our ways.

Got to the summit 10-15 min after the group, who had hung out there enjoying the view (did I mention there was NO WIND?) Temp at the summit was a balmy +8 or so, perfect for enjoying a sandwich while layered down to shirtsleeves (see photo).

Returned to the parking lot, arriving at 3:15, by which time the rest of the group had left for home. Altogether a spectacular day along the Crawford Path.:D

Hi docross,

It was a pleasure running into your group on Eisenhower yesterday (I was the tall woman in orange, with a fellow wearing black). You folks were such an upbeat, happy bunch! Hope we cross paths again sometime.

No wind, sunshine, and views views views views. What a great day.

Great to meet you, Docross, after seeing you on here for many years. So nice to see Bill Dotchin again, too! What a lovely day up there with no wind and great visibility.