Pierce & Ike for Flags on the 48

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
:eek: Perhaps I should piggy back on Uphillklimbers report ? Oh well...

My family has participated in the Flags event for the past 3 years, working our way north on the Presidential Range.

Friday we arrived later than planned at the Broken Branch KOA after the bridge detour in Fairlee and a quick dinner at Truants. We had time for a couple IPA's with Tom and Laurie Rankin before turning in. Saturday was a 9:45 start up Crawford Path after a big breakfast at the Highland Center. My older son Grant and I headed up, followed by my wife and younger son, Ben. They would stop and visit Pierce while Grant and I continued on to Eisenhower. Silent Cal had the flag flying on Ike with a good crowd in support. Grant and I visited, consumed some of Laurie's Excellent Jerky, snapped some pics and headed back out. The other half of our clan made it out a half hour before us and we were headed back to Woodstock by 4.

Saturday night was a bit more festive, visiting with Tom and Laurie, Paradox, Una Dogger, Michael J, Adventurous and others.

A big thanks to all who participated and especially to the faithful organizers.
Never Forget !

Pictures are here. Thanks for looking.

It was great to stop by the KOA to see Tom and Laurie, Chip, Diane, Grant and Ben again and to finally meet Una Dogger, Michael J, and Adventurous. Good to hear you had a great time. I am feeling much better following my accident however still not up to the pounding that a a hike with a long decent would present. Wait'll next year.