Pinkham this Saturday, 7/16

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camper58

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me when I could expect that the parking lot at Pinkham will be filled on a Saturday morning? I'm planning on getting there by 8:00. Do you think that will be too late to get a spot? Thanks.....

Even if it is full, there are overflow lots just south of PNVC. It's only an extra 200 yard walk.

-dave-

parking at PNVC

I think you will be fine this weekend---I have never had a problem parking there anytime of day-- the only time I might have had a problem is durning spring skiing season....

Thanks for the answers. I'll get there as early as I can and use the overflow lots if necessary. I'll be on the Wildcat Ridge trail if anyone else happens to be there. Have a great weekend, wherever you hike.....

Maybe i will see on one of the routes my friend. My group is going to try and do Tuckermans or Huntingtons Ravine. May the weather be great and the Hiking even better

Since you will be hiking the Wildcats, might I recommend trying to hike from Glen Ellis? Try the river crossing, it's only 100 feet from the parking lot. If it's unmanagable, drive up to Pinkham. I did this a few weeks ago and crossed the river... However, I bonked on the ridge on the way back and bailed down a ski trail, and had to double-time it back to Glen Ellis from the ski area along the side of the highway with motorcyclists glaring at me, ~1.5 miles or so. On second thought, I wished I had started from Pinkham... Have fun, I love the Wildcats, and the A stands for "Anguish"!

A sticker is still required at the Pinkham overflow lots, it is not required at Wildcat.

Peakbagger - That's interesting, I'm tentatively planning on descending via the Polecat trail, but I hadn't considered parking right at Wildcat. Is it OK to leave the car there for the day if you're hiking? That sounds like a much better option, I'd rather get the road walk out of the way in the beginning.

Camper58 said:
That sounds like a much better option, I'd rather get the road walk out of the way in the beginning.
There's actually a trail that connects Wildcat Ski area to Pinkham. I've used it in winter to connect on skis, that should get you to Lost Pond and avoid any road walking. Not sure if it has a footbed for hiking or just is cleared for skiing.

-dave-