Presi Traverse on The 4th of July!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Bow

Reaction score
Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar:
I know it seems like forever away, but I know people make plans early so I wanted to get this out there with plenty of notice.

I was thinking that it would be really cool to do a Presi Traverse on Independence Day. What could be more patriotic? We could grab campsites the day before at either Cherry Mountain Rd or, if enough people are interested, we could try to book a site at Barnes Field. I'd like to get an idea of how many people might be nterested in this.

If we plan to stay at CMR, we can have the flexibility of doing this on the following Saturday (the 7th) if the weather is bad.

What do people think? Who's interested?

Cool idea. Depending on timing, and if I can get the days off from work, I'd be interested...

Just got back from the left coast... time to update this baby!

As some of you may have heard, I've been trying to get a fun group together to do a Presi Traverse. My original idea was to do it on the 4th of July. What could be more patriotic, right? The plan was also to, if the weather looked bad, reschedule for the 7th.

Currently, looking at the forecast there is a 60% chance of less than a tenth of an inch on the 4th and a very slight chance of a t-storm. The 7th is calling for a 40% chance of precip, though it's too early to tell how much, if they get it.

I'm thinking that we should stick to the original plan and start up dark and early on the 4th. We'll spot cars at the usual bail out spots and folks will be able to head down when/if they get tired or if the conditions turn nasty.

If you're interested in joining us, if you think that Saturday is a better option, or if you have any questions, please email me ASAP as some of us may camp up there Tuesday night to make the EARLY start!

Hope to see you there!!

Date Moved!!!

Well, I spoke to a number of people and it looks like Saturday is the better day weatherwise and otherwise.

So, with the day being planning for Saturday, email me if you think you can join our group. The more the merrier!!

BTW, if you are interested in doing the two peaks of Dorset and/or Aeolus on Thursday, drop me a line.

whats the deal on this -

camping with family this weekend and was thinking of hiking and meeting you guys on CP at days end?

is trip still on?