Problem with Mountain Gear website

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamp

Reaction score
My wife was on the Mountain Gear site the other night. She selected a few items and went to the checkout page. The page that opened was already filled out....with someone else's info. This was on her netbook so she tried the whole process again on the PC. Same person's info was there. She called customer service at MG and they brushed it off.
Just putting this potential security issue out there.

ps: On a completely unrelated note, I recently acquired an entirely new set of gear -soup to nuts. If anyone want's to buy my old stuff let me know.

Credit Card info and all? Should of just changed the ship to address and processed it!! :)

sounds more like a server side problem since she tried it on two different machines...

Jay

Tested just now, by selecting a random item and then going to checkout. Appears to be resolved; the checkout page was blank when I went to it.

http://groups.google.com/group/boston-hb-gear-sale

The AMC's Boston Chapter created a gear swap site. It doesn't make any money off it or anything, just put up as a service for Boston area folks. The volume rises and falls, but especially if you have free stuff to give away, there are a lot of new/impoverished/still not ready to buy new kinds of folks who may appreciate your old gear.

Brian