Prolotherapy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Carol. With insurance the way it is these days, I have a $5,000 deductible, and pay the first $5000 out of pocket with pre-tax dollars using my Health Savings Account (but my company puts in $1,000 into that HSA account each year), where a procedure is covered by insurance or not is pretty much meaningless as long as your total bill for the year is under $5000. Mine is.

And, probably preaching to the choir here, but...here goes..its money well spent if it works for you. I'm one year post ROLF Structural Integration with ZERO followups and its been the best $1500 I've ever spent..each body is different and often those who opt for alternative therapies have a good sense of body awareness and know what will work and what won't. As long as we have a reimbursement driven health care system alternative therapies will remain at the margins of health care and available only to those with the resources to research and self finance them. I have a coworker who's recent knee surgery was billed at 40k...who's to say that 5k in Prolotherapy wouldn't have helped her or at least would have been a lower cost, minimally invasive first step? Something tells me it was not even offered as a suggestion, and even if she'd asked about it I'd bet there would be no way an orthopedic surgeon would find a way to "couch" that as therapy if it meant potentially giving up their own fat paycheck, and there-in my friends , lies most of the problem...hard to get peer review for research into areas that your peers will be giving up a comfy six figure salary if proven more or equally effective.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rolf Structural Integration question

And, probably preaching to the choir here, but...here goes..its money well spent if it works for you. I'm one year post ROLF Structural Integration with ZERO followups and its been the best $1500 :

Well said. My son who is a Gryotonics Master Trainer in DC advised me to either undergo MyoFascial Release or Rolf Structural Integration in the Albany area to take care of case of Myofascial Tissue buildup on my right shoulder in reaction to using a computer mouse all day long. I'm also going to stop using a computer mouse and switch to a Rollermouse Free 2 - http://ergo.contour-design.com/ which is a keyboard accessory that enables you to do all your mouse functions symmetrically using both hands without having to remove your hands away from the keyboard.

Anyway my question to you is, where / whom did you get your Rolf Structural Integration treatment done? What was the per session (it's 90 minute sessions, right?) cost? I presume you did it in a package of sessions, right?

Well said. My son who is a Gryotonics Master Trainer in DC advised me to either undergo MyoFascial Release or Rolf Structural Integration in the Albany area to take care of case of Myofascial Tissue buildup on my right shoulder in reaction to using a computer mouse all day long. I'm also going to stop using a computer mouse and switch to a Rollermouse Free 2 - http://ergo.contour-design.com/ which is a keyboard accessory that enables you to do all your mouse functions symmetrically using both hands without having to remove your hands away from the keyboard.

Anyway my question to you is, where / whom did you get your Rolf Structural Integration treatment done? What was the per session (it's 90 minute sessions, right?) cost? I presume you did it in a package of sessions, right?

RSI is a series of ten 90 minute sessions - some are quite grueling but each lays the foundation for the next - so its important to commit to the series.

I've done mayofascial release in the past.

The difference between the two is That MRT works on one speciic area whereas ROLF removes adhesions from the bodies entire facial web - so it releases injuries and their trigger points and areas of the body that have compensated in response --- it totally balances you.

My practitioner is in Concord MA

I can pm you with details :)

This is day 5 since I had my third Bone Marrow Stem Cell Prolotherapy treatment

This is day 5 since I had my third Bone Marrow Stem Cell Prolotherapy treatment for my complex torn meniscus. I updated the below other thread with the details. I'm totally happy about the procedure. The doc said I'd need 3-4 sessions.

This is day 5 since I had a Bone Marrow Stem Cell Prolotherapy treatment for my complex torn meniscus. Full report in another thread on this board.