Question and search for pics regarding mahoosuc..........

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickbrusil

Reaction score
anyone have some good shots going up mahoosuc arm (the steep section right after the notch)............ just wondering as I am doing an overnight in the notch and over to old speck this weekend.................... also how full does anyone think the old speck campsite will get saturday night?

will it be a problem arriving as late as 5pm at the campsite?

I have a few at the bottom of this page. It's wicked steep but there are a lot of trees and roots to help you up.

Old Speck campsite is pretty big. I would imagine this time of year a number of thru-hikers will be in the shelter, but will all the platforms be taken? I'm not sure. There is a caretaker, so he/she ought to be able to help you find something, somewhere.

It is illegal in the Mahoosucs to camp anywhere but at the designated locations.

Here are a couple of shots of one of the steeper sections.

This site is amazing. It is like a vast vault of info/pics/ and plain resources for hiking in the northeast.

Thanks for the pics.

J&J those shots are amazing. I forgot how steep that thing was. I descended it a few years back with a full pack. I backpacked from Caratunk to New Hampshire and remember that "The Arm" is one of my favorites but completely forgotten that steep drop into the pit. Of course after traversing the pit and ascending Goose Eye one tends to forget minor things like that incredible descent.