Quick Question: Snowshoeing Ideas for Tomorrow (Saturday)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighHorse

Reaction score
Hi All,
Any ideas for where to snowshoe tomorrow? I'm really blanking on ideas, and I can't think of anything beyond peaks...
I'm looking for:
* not too much traffic
* 5-10 miles
* do not want elev gain over 1500-2000 ft.
* (for weird reasons) looking to not go above 3500 feet
:D

I'm really spacing right now, so any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks very much and I hope you all have a great weekend.
-highhorse

Wapack Trail

The Wapack Trail last weekend warranted snowshoes. Section 1 - from Mt. Watatic in Ashberham, MA (RT119) to Windblown SKi Area in New Ipswich, NH is 9 miles and requires a car spot. Going south hikers must pay a fee to pass through Windblown, but northbound hikers do not. The elevation gain over all is ~1900'. Aside from Watatic, you'll climb Pratt and Barrett Mountians. None are over 3500'. There is a scenic pond after about 4 miles, Binney Pond. That works as a destination and turn around point if you are without a car spot. I find it a nice nearby trail to hike when I don't have all day.

Many things out of Ferncroft fit the bill...recently did the Kelley Trail to the Lawrence Trail and back via the Old Mast Trail...
I think this will fit the bill on all accounts...by the way - it was a great hike!

Just wanted to say thanks very much. I had a wonderful day exploring more of the Ferncroft area and the Wonalancet area. I'm hoping to get to the Wapack soon as well. Excellent recommendations.