Rainbow Family Gathering in the Kilkennies Fourth of July

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, Yasgur charged Woodstock 69 organizers for use of part of his PRIVATE 600-acre dairy farm and ticket sales allegedly generated $60 million in revenue
Yes it was done the right way. Not total lack of responsiblity and classlessness of the people of this group. Let it be a warning for future visits to other communities. I'm not surprised at all of what happened there and I doubt they will leave it like they found it. They'll be trash and items there for years until it's buried with forest growth. They should be shamed on the big screen by the good people of the National Forest area.

I am not a fan of the Rainbow events working their way around the system and letting other users of the National Forest and the taxpayer paying the bill but think of all the public events that occur on the national mall that follow the rules yet the taxpayer foots the bill.

The fact that they still are out there attempting to mitigate the impact is a positive thing. Trees and the understory will grow back, as long the stuff that will not rot gets hauled out, the impact to the woods is probably about the same as a logging operation. Its looks like crap for a few years and then the woods come back and covers it over. ATVs also have impact and I expect if the linear impact of the 1000 plus miles of ATV use is probably more than the concentrated use of the Rainbow site.

BTW while accessing the AT corridor in Maine last week, we occasionally used and ran into bootleg ATV routes off of logging roads. The scars they leave will take a long time to heal. Unlike a logging road there is no gravel base so the mud just keeps getting deeper. The route went near but not into the AT Corridor which was one of the reasons we were out there to more clearly delineate the boundary.

Yes it was done the right way. Not total lack of responsiblity and classlessness of the people of this group. Let it be a warning for future visits to other communities. I'm not surprised at all of what happened there and I doubt they will leave it like they found it. They'll be trash and items there for years until it's buried with forest growth. They should be shamed on the big screen by the good people of the National Forest area.
I can guarantee many of the neighbors didn't think it was done "the right way".