Rainer, Hood, Shasta, fall 2005??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought I'd mention some reading matter to keep your expectations high between now and when you get there: Climbing the Cascade Volcanoes by Jeff Smoot. He describes the major peaks from California to British Columbia with a wry wit, giving both easy and hard roots for all mountains. Once you climb one, you may decide to climb them all, so check this book out.

The other one is Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills by a group of mountaineers based in Seattle. It's the bible, so-to-speak, of everything from map reading, first aid, rock climbing, ice climbing, you name it. A great book for beginners.

Interestingly, Amazon has both books as a special (check the bottom of the first link).

Pb

Update

We have scheduled a private training class with Rainier Mountaineering, Inc. (RMI) on July 31st. The cut-off date for signing up for this class is March 21st. If we have any lurkers out there that may want to join our VfTT caravan out west, now is the time to signup. Reservations are getting harder to set.

very interested

I am very interested in joining this trip! Guiness, I will PM you for more info.

And also check to see if frequent flyer miles with United can originate outside the US. If so, I can cruise back from Japan (I'll be there June--end of August) to Seattle for free!