Recent pics of Madison, anyone? 4/27

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbcbd

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm wondering if anyone out there might have recent pics of Madison's S|SW|W face.

MadTownie posted this juicy pic from 4/22 and I'm just wondering, with the week's thaw, how much of that snow might still be up there.

If anyone is interested and if conditions are there, I'd like to ski down from Madison and possibly check out King Ravine too while I'm there tomorrow and Sunday.

-Doug

Check out Seema & Brian's got-engaged-on-Adams thread. Mad Townie posted a link to pics, and jrbren posted a pic of Madison that may be exactly what you're looking for.

giggy said:
heard a rumor was was ice in mad gulf ;)
Rumor? I need the facts, Eddie.

MichaelJ said:
Check out Seema & Brian's got-engaged-on-Adams thread. Mad Townie posted a link to pics, and jrbren posted a pic of Madison that may be exactly what you're looking for.
Yeah, those were the pics that got me excited, and Mad Townie's was taken on the 22nd. It has been pretty warm this week, so that's why I was wondering if anyone had anything more recent. I could imagine that at least if Madison doesn't have anything I could drop into King Ravine (hoping the snow will be ok!)

Anyway, we'll see :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Drewski and I did Madison and Adams yesterday,Thursday April 26.

The snowpack on Madison was crispy and we walked right up it on our snowshoes. We were on the summit at noon, and walked the snowfields to Adams, summitting about 1:30.

We went and back the Valley Way. It was hardpack on the way up but total slush on the way down.

We met the caretaker of Crag Camp on Adam's summit, and she told us Airline was full of blowdown, and that the snowfields between Adams and Jeffie were very icy.

We cleared the blowdown from the Valley Way.

Hope this helps. Sorry, no pics.

Last edited:
You had me at "snow fields" :D

Una, you rock!! I'm definitively heading up there to check things out!! Woo!

cbcbd said:
You had me at "snow fields" :D

Una, you rock!! I'm definitively heading up there to check things out!! Woo!
Have you sharpened the edges lately?? ;)

While reading Sabrina's post the thought passed through the mind that cbcbd is going to love this... perfect!! :D

Tip's down, dude! Have fun.