Recognition for a Truly Great Photographer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Judy and Emma

Reaction score
Our very own Jim Salge has had one of his photographs chosen for the very prestigious Editor's Pick Awards on Nature Photographer's Online Magazine Website. There are thousands of photos to choose from coming from nature photographers from all over the world. Here is a slideshow of the winning pictures in each catagory:

http://www.naturephotographers.net/

Congrats, Jim!

KDT

Thanks Kevin/Everyone!

I was really excited to hear this, as it was a shot I had been after for some time, and it came together perfectly that morning!

'Truly Great'...don't think so...I've only been at this photography thing seriously for a few years...but I'm quite happy with the portfolio I am putting together, and the recognition is happily reinforcing.

What I'm most appreciative for though is the folks here and on a couple other forums who have been instructive, helpful and appropriatly critical of the images I post that have helped me improve to the level that I am at...For that...Thank you all!

The images Jim has shared with us here have been consistently delightful to see. The winning photo is solidly in keeping with the reputation he's built for himself on this small forum. It is very well seen and beautifully executed.

Congratulations, Jim.

G.

Congratulations. Its a beautiful shot! Oh, and congrats on your recent engagement ...

Last edited:
Engaged?! Double congradulations!

The winning image is great on many levels, but one thing that deserves mention is that the church and the general frame of view is photographed alot. Along comes Jim who captures a truely unique image with great atmosphere. Some will inevidably say "lucky, he was at the right place at the right time". :eek::eek::eek: That ain't how it works!!! Jim had forsight and envisioned this before it even happened, and went to the place when conditions were favorable for the vision. Then he knew from lots of trial and error and study how to capture.

Nice image, and many thanks back at you for all the times you've given me specific comments on capture and processing. You've helped me improve.

Double Congradulations !