Redington 7/15/13. / Cranberry pond[Bigelows] 7/15/13.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Oak

Reaction score
Redington 7/15/13. trails; took the usual logging roads and herd paths from the c.v.r.Parked almost to the a.t. crossing and hiked 3 miles to fork.Take right for 3/4 mile follow cairns right at clearing.Nice arrows on ground made from sticks helped the rest of the way.Third time up for me in recent years.Was surprised how grown in with all the rain this route is becoming.C.V.R. in great shape right now,no problem with my 2 wheel drive.
equipment; none except grit and sweat on this 90 plus heat day in maine. comments;hiked this one to help my my buddy Jeff Brannon bag another maine peak.Jeff has been working on his 67 for almost 30 years now due to living in Tennessee.
some pics DSCN8397.jpgDSCN8398.jpgDSCN8400.jpgDSCN8399.jpg

Cranberry pond via a.t. and bigelow range trail 7/16/13. all trails in great shape,some mud.Took walk for m.a.t.c. to check out condition of bigelow range trail at north end of pond,fixed some slight issues at beaver damn.Hard to do much in brutal heat except hydrate and go slow.Very impressed with matc folks,hope to help more in future.Pond is very nice,one of the most amazing spots in the northeast mountains[very high mass of water 2400 feet in elevation]