Replacement liners for Sorel boots?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weatherman

Reaction score
South Metro Denver Avatar: Basin Ponds Bullwinkl
Hey- I know this is, like, soooo '90's (or '80s or...) but I have a 10 year old pair of Sorel boots with the removable liners that I really like for non-icy non-steep winter hiking. Trouble is, the liners have just about reached the end of their usable lifespan. Any ideas where others might be found? I live in Central MA. Thanks.

BTW, I still don't own a PDA. :)

Weatherman

Weatherman,
one thing I forgot to mention: when I got the Sorel replacement liners, they were much tighter than my previous ones. I resolved that problem by stuffing them with old clothing remnants (i.e., stuff in the "rag bag"). This stretched them right out and they have been very comfortable and warm.

Good luck!
Marty

Thanks Marty. I've also been told that there are several stores up north (northern NH- Labonville's hardware is one) that have them. Short of convincing my wife that I can head up there for some "Christmas shopping", I think Campmor is my best bet.
Weatherman

I'm thinking of going with two liners. I purposely bought size 12 Caribous last year, even though my summer boots are size 11. I like to stuff three insoles for warmth and comfort. Perhaps a size 11 liner will work well inside the original. Thanks for the link.

happy trails :)

forestgnome said:
I'm thinking of going with two liners. I purposely bought size 12 Caribous last year, even though my summer boots are size 11. I like to stuff three insoles for warmth and comfort. Perhaps a size 11 liner will work well inside the original. Thanks for the link.

happy trails :)

You can buy insoles which have foil on one side. I always found those work better, in part because they're thicker than the standard felt insole.

You could try calling Columbia directly. The number is 800-547-8066. Ask for Consumer Services.

I was able to find some liners for my Sorel BEAR boots at Bootleggers in Greenfield, MA. RT 2 W just beyond the rotary.
They were in storage but they were able to get them for me.
These boots are insulated to -40.

Last edited: