Rock slide on video

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent; thanks for posting, as obviously it is extremely rare to catch such events on video, which challenge Lyell's theory of uniformitarianism (i.e., catastrophism rules!).

They were very lucky to have the video camera there right then. The reason is buried in the notes of the second video:
Another major rock slide, the second one, has closed highway 64 in Polk county for at least 3 weeks. It came as crews were trying to move debris from the first slide, and only moments after a state geologist gave them a warning to clear the area.

Excellent; thanks for posting, as obviously it is extremely rare to catch such events on video, which challenge Lyell's theory of uniformitarianism (i.e., catastrophism rules!).

Well, you...well maybe not YOU...I...learn something new every day here !

I saw this vid on the news last night. The one I like even better is the mud slide in CA that chases a contractor and his crew in a pick-up truck down a road, catching and crushing parked cars along the way, great stuff.

Nice.

I saw the aftermath of one years ago in Alaska that ran 1.5 miles down the mountain, into the valley, into the massive Chitina River and nearly to the other shore. It permanently changed the river pattern. Even a year later it was unnerving.