RT 113 Evans Notch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegematic

Reaction score
I rode my fat-tire bike up 113 from Gilead,ME to the height of land today (21 April). There are a number of washouts along the west side of the road next to the Wild River and Evans Brook. In several places the pavement is undermined along that edge. As well, the south end of the recently replaced bridge over Evans Brook, just north of the Wild River Road, is badly damaged. The pavement has buckled and it has collapsed along both sides of the road there. I won’t be surprised if the north end of RT 113 has a delayed opening this summer.

Thanks, Not the first time the road has been trashed by the winter. The State of Maine seems to prioritize getting it open by Memorial day weekend bt not much earlier.

I hope your recent eclipse viewing worked out well.

Thanks, Not the first time the road has been trashed by the winter. The State of Maine seems to prioritize getting it open by Memorial day weekend bt not much earlier.

I hope your recent eclipse viewing worked out well.
The eclipse was wonderful, the folks at Bear Rock were excellent hosts.

I really hope the 113 opening is not delayed but with so many residential roads wrecked by the flood and late winter wind storms I wonder if MDOT’s priorities will be elsewhere. Time will tell.