Rusk - 1-15-2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
Fun hike with a great group of folks. This was a 3500 Club trip Heavypack and I led. Full winter on us all day. About zero at the trailhead but that didn't dampen spirits. Very clear starting out with no wind, clouding up mid way up, and snowing just before we left the summit with some really gusty winds.

Wanted to say a big thank you to Ralph for breaking the trail from the parking lot to the summit. I was right behind him all day and had my work cut out just keeping up with a barely breathing Ralph. Gotta look in his medicine cabinet someday. :D
Made a couple of new friends today and some in the party, including Bookah, grabbed another W35.
Also wanted to acknowledge the excellent and fun loving group of 8, all of whom got along excellently.

This was Dick's and my first full-fledged winter snowshoe hike of the season, thanks to the recent snowstorm. Here are a few photos . Others took more pics than I so please add yours to the thread. Many thanks to amazing hiker Ralph for breaking trail all day. I would also like to get a glimpse of his medicine cabinet :D!!