Santanoni Water Availability

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridgeman

Reaction score
How far up the trail from Bradley Pond is water available on the way to times square?

Wondering if I need to pack extra water from the stream before reaching Bradley Pond.

Thanks

I would not filter water out of Bradley Pond but that is just me. ITs a big beaver pond :D Not to far after the pond is Panther Brook with water just before you get on the ridge. You will see the path kinda go off in one direction and leaving the brook behind. When you see the brook getting narrower you know your about outta water. I bet you follow the brook for almost a mile. Plenty of time to refill :)

I took a few empty Gatorade bottles up with me to fill just before we left Panther Brook and stashed them at Times Square.

Don't fill out of Bradley Pond. You'll spend most the hike up following the brook.

Thanks for the input.

I've been on this trail several times in the past and am familiar with the regular spots to obtain water. I just wanted to check on recent conditions.

I'm a stickler about mentioning water availability in my trip reports and try to encourage others to do the same.

Tim