Santanoni

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
Went by way of Bradley pond. This trail is on a pretty even grade all the way up. No steep sections all the way. When I got to the pond and turned left, there were two logs to cross. Not to sturdy and might be a problem when wet, but it was dry so no problem. Put my pole down to test the dept of water as I went by and good thing I didn't fall in because after a couple feet I pull my stick back up. On the other side I had trouble finding the trail again. Eerything looked the same and there was no trial markers. If standing with your back to the pond, the trail starts at about 2 o'clock. The trail from here on in is easy to follow. Even the new/old trail down is unmistakable. For a "new" trail this is pretty good. I have done all of the so called "trail less" peaks and they all are easy to follow. Nothing like the Catskill trailess ones. Well you cross panther brook twice on the way up. One the first accation I filled up one liter bottle. The second and last time it crosses is at about 3600-3700 feet. Fill up here becasue that is it for the rest of the hike. There are a few feeder steams a couple hundred feet up from here but I wouldn't trust them after a dry period. SO fill up! The times square is at 4400 feet. Panther is just a jump from here. I cant believe they call it separate mtn from santanoni because I was on it before I knew it, no effort involved. The new/old trail is easy to find just before the last bump in trail before santanoni summit. the new/old trail is easy to follow with a few steep sections to go down. My leg started to cramp right in the middle of one of them, came close to falling. One has a rope to help you down. besides that the trail down is preety easy on the feet. When you hit the swampy section just stay to the right and go around it.