Savage Mt. NHHH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmoose

Reaction score
A little more than halfway up the logging road that heads west toward the Savage/Spruce Mt. col from Stratford Bog Pond there's a very serious gate surrounded by countless "posted/No trespassing" signs. Although this appears to be directed toward the ATV crowd, the numerous "posted" signs indicate no trespassing of any kind is allowed.
Is anyone familiar with this location? The logging road reaches nearly to the col, making it the easiest approach to Savage Mt. (NHHH peak), but, evidently, an illegal one.
So, is an approach from the west the better alternative? It's moot for me, as I did get to the top, but I wondered about what routes others might have taken, and if those routes involved cliffs like mine did.

A non hiking friend who has a camp nearby, was told the gate is intended to prevent ATV traffic, he was told foot traffic is ok so long as you stay clear of the active logging operations. One of the workers on site gave him that info, for whatever it's worth.

When we got to the signs, we whacked straight up, avoiding the signs and road.