Sawteeth for #46 on 9/11/04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymama

Reaction score
I'm now ready to tackle #46, which will be Sawteeth on Saturday 9/11/04 (my 46th birthday.)

We'll be starting from the Ausable Club parking lot at 7 am, and will do the trip in a loop, coming back down the Scenic trail. I will have a cooler of beer waiting for us in the parking lot, and plan to continue the celebrating at the Ausable Inn in Keene Valley at approximately 5 pm.

Would love to have anyone who's interested to join in the hike, the celebrating at Ausable Inn, or both. And believe it or not, Mr. Crazymama (or would that be Crazydaddy?) is joining in on the fun this time.

Let me know if you're interested.

CM

46 on 46

Crazymama: In advance, I'd like to wish you a very happy birthday. What a great way to celebrate! Maybe you should carry a couple of those beers up Sawteeth? I love the view up there. I'll even change my avatar to my Sawteeth view for you. -ALGonquin Bob

P.S. I'd love to join in your celebration, but after being away 3 weekends straight, this is my weekend at home before I head to the VFTT Catskills Gathering. Hope you can be there. There's quite a few of us who can drink a toast to our new 46-R status!

Last edited:
Bob,

Thanks for the birthday wishes, and the avatar. I'm really getting psyched for this hike. I'm debating what to bring up the mountain to celebrate. I know its traditional to bring champagne, and get a nice photo of the bubbly spewing from the mountain top. But a nice cold brew actually sounds more appealing to me after hiking up the hill. I'm even thinking of bringing special food, but haven't figured that out yet.

What have others done for their summit celebrations?

P.S. Sorry you can't join me on the hike...unfortunately I can't make it to the Catskills gathering, have another commitment that weekend. Have fun!

Last edited:
Crazy: I was going to carry a little bottle of bubbly up Emmons in June, but "HarryK" generously offered to carry beer for everyone! You can freeze a can of beer into thick slush, and have a really "cold one" on top. Speaking of COLD -maybe I'll see you in January, or whenever the next Gathering is!

Happy Birthday from someone exactly 2 days older than you!!!

I too was planning to do my 46 on my 46th but was ahead of schedule.

I brought a beer in my insulated winter water bottle container with a piece of dry ice for my celebration. It was frosty cold.

I'd love to join you to do Sawteeth in the fall but already have rock climbing plans with my winter ropemate for Saturday.

Congratulations in advance

KZ

Well then...

Happy Birthday to YOU, KZ!
(I can do my math...)

Crazy, I'd love nothing more than to hike Sawteeth with you! I have a date with Phil Collins in Buffalo Sunday night though and I can't be all over the state in 24 hours.

I need a private jet....

Happy Birthday, Happy 46er finish, Oh, happy day! You'll have a ball and you'll LOVE Sawteeth! My chin hit the deck when I got up there and looked at that oh, so sweet view! Definitely a do-over!

My best to you as you climb your 46th! Early congrats!

An early congratulations on your completing the ADK 46. I will be doing Rocky Peak Ridge and Giant on Saturday then Sawteeth on Sunday.

I will lift my glass to your success from Giant's summit.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the day.

Happy Birthday to you both!

crazymama: a lot of us White Mtn folk will be wandering around the Whites this weekend on the "Flags on the 48" memorial hike, so that might somewhat explain why you haven't gotten more takers.

I'll see you at the Catskill Gathering and we can drink some of HarryK's 115 beers to celebrate!

Congrats - go get em!

Happy birthday and congrats!

I hope you have a great day tomorrow! I have other plans this weekend and my husband wouldn't be too happy if I bugged out for the hike or I would gladly join you.

Harryk wrapped a can of beer in plastic, a bag of ice around it, and double bagged that, and then put it in an insulation water bottle holder. I carried it to the summit of Hamlin and he said it was very cold.

We usually bring some special chocolates (like from Krause's). I hope you have someone along to help you celebrate!!

Thanks for all the happy words and encouragement (and ideas for summit celebration food and drink). I've got 3 other people going with me at this point, plenty for a celebration, so not to worry.

Looks like its going to be a beautiful day!

CM

Congrats, crazymama! I also waited till I was 46 to do my 46th, not on my B-Day though. The party at the Ausable Inn sounds tempting, but alas we will be hunkered down at the Orebed Brook leanto bulking up for our assault on NFG. If we hear alot of hootin' and hollerin' wafting over Gothics, we'll know you got it. Good luck, and keep on truckin...

Happy Birthday. I'm sorry I can't make it--but I just can't break away from work this time. Have a great trip.

Go get em' Lyle. I was not able to get off of work this weekend, or you know I would have been there. Also, it appears I have to babysit ADKatie's kids :rolleyes: , while she goes on a date with some other dude. Who the hell is this Mr. Collins guy anyway. :mad: Is he a hiker?

Anyhow, good luck and I'll be waiting to read your trip report. What a way to celebrate your 36th birthday ;). Congrats early.

Last edited:
Hope you had a great day. Would have joined you but the missus reminded me that she's out of town all weekend and there was no way I could get there for the 7am start and home early enough to tend to our 14 year old Spaniel.
Ended up in the Catskills with a much later start and earlier return home.

Really wish I could have been with you.

Peakbagr