Setting a date - Whacky Weekend 2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which weekend for Whackfest?

• Total voters

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
So, I haven't seen any decision for setting a date for the Whackfest 2.0 . . . I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes by putting up this poll but I thought maybe it would help us make a decision. Someone wanted an October weekend and we had 2 Nov weekends suggested so I will post this poll with 3 choices.

sli74

Whackfest as in wacka da bush?

Ah, I see the thread below. Gotta agree with SherpaK on this one!

Last edited:
i voted october, but will be there whenever. :D :D :D :D :D
i'll bring a dozen donuts!! :eek: :eek: :p : :p

Sounds like a scratchy good time! I also have to agree on October as a better choice; hunting season, rutting season, and bushwhacking just do not go together well...

Artex said:
What is this "whackfest" anyway? :confused:
some dumb idea i came up with last year!!
it was alot of fun.
you camp all weekend and go whackin' through the bush,then proceed to get drunk,then repeat as neccessary :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

post'r boy said:
it was alot of fun.
you camp all weekend and go whackin' through the bush,then proceed to get drunk,then repeat as neccessary :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

Well, some of us just went whackin. :) I for one left the camping and drinking part out. :eek:

post'r boy said:
it was alot of fun.

Ah ha... mercy buckets!

cause gettin real bushwhackers together is like herdin' cats!!! :eek: :D
skip the cake cookies and the dr. this is whackin' time!!!

MichaelJ said:
Sounds like a scratchy good time! I also have to agree on October as a better choice; hunting season, rutting season, and bushwhacking just do not go together well...

What "rutting season" were you referring to? The moose rut usually runs from late September thru October and the chipmunk rut ended in July. :D

I'd prefer early November myself, but any weekend is ok as long as it doesn't interfere with my Acadia weekend.

I didn't realize the moose season ended so soon. I thought it just got started in October and went into November. My bad, I should Google before posting.
:D

Well, well...since this was my swan song last year, maybe it will have to be my season opener for my return. Keep me posted. If it's at Hancock again, I can at least come up for a *blazin'* campfire, etc. :D

A few questions about this...Which campground do people stay? Where are people whakin Mt Bemis? Mt Nancy perhaps?

I have to be up there on 22Oct so this could be great.

Puck said:
A few questions about this...Which campground do people stay? Where are people whakin Mt Bemis? Mt Nancy perhaps?

We stayed at Hancock Campground last year . . . maybe again this year, unless someone has a better suggestion.

If the Nov 12-13 weekend is decided upon, then I will be there, if not, I will look forward to the trip reports. Looks like it will be a "contest" :D

sli74

I'd like to change my vote to Nov 12-13. That does turn out to be a much better weekend for me, though I could still make either. I can't change it in the poll. Someone will have to proxy me or remember. :(