Seymour Mt. Standard route from Corey's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 06/06/2014

Trail Conditions: Pretty Standard June for ADK's, Ward Truck trail has mud in the normally wet spots but pretty easy to either go around or stop on rocks. From the spur trail past the Ward Brook lean-to, the path is pretty easy to follow, starts climbing gradually and then gets progressively steeper until you're about 80% up. Was harder than I thought it would be, a couple of steep ledges with trees strewn across it. After it leveled off some, I thought I was close, but still had a bit more to go.

Special Equipment Required: nothing really, some dry clothes for after you get back to your car. Missed the rain but the clearing out for the weekend took most of the day, at 1:30 or so, still pretty socked in.

Comments: Optional - Was a cool day, especially up high. No black flies to speak of at all, down on the Ward Truck trail, if you stopped for a moment, the mosquitos were ferocious. It was a harder first day of three I had planned. Sadly, a suicidal deer changed my plans Saturday morning as I was heading back to Corey's. She jumped over the guardrail and I may have caught her with the grill of my car on the fly. The family came up to rescue me and we made the most of it, dinner in Long Lake where they had never been before. It will be a couple of weeks before I'm back on the trail and while the insurance company decides if I get the old car replaced or repaired.

Mike P.
[email protected]