Shenandoah NP dayhike 9/19/04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarthNsky

Reaction score
I had an awesome dayhike in Shenandoah Nat. Park on Sunday. I started on the Appalachian Trail near the Big Meadows Campground and hiked north to Rose River trail. I then took the Rose River trail down into the gorge and past some awesome waterfalls and cascades which were raging because of Hurricane Ivan. At the jct of Rose River and Hogcamp Branch I took the Dark Hollow trail up thru the Hogcamp Branch gorge/hollow past some more waterfalls and cascades which were very impressive. The Dark Hollow Falls were amazing to say the least. Man was than waterfall gushing! I then stayed on the Dark Hollow trail back to the Campground parking lot for a nearly 7 mile, 2000 foot elevation gain circuit hike. Nothing too hard, but a beautiful hike none the less. A good friend of mine and hiking buddy Bison went with me. It was only 41 degrees and quite breezy when we started the hike. The sky was crystal clear, not a cloud or haze to be seen. Very blue and serene and quite beautiful. The signs of autumn were starting to show in the trees.

Here are my pics from the hike, enjoy

Rob