Shepherd's Tooth patch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken

Reaction score
Shepherd’s Tooth Patches are available from:

The Buffalo Boys
1473 River Road
North Creek, N.Y. 12853

Let them know when you climbed it and with who you climbed.
They would like a “donation” for the patch (I sent $5).

to get to the tooth just look down from iriquois - it is that rocky knob just below you - just go down...

It's "The Wart"

Years ago, after climbing that thing, I related my climb (in a fog) to someone, who told me that my account of the trip sounded exactly the one Paul Jamaison had written about. She suggested I write to Paul,and I did. I did, and got a nice letter back from him.

It seems He had named it "The Wart" before those youngsters renamed it to Shepherds Tooth. (Only Paul could call those guys 'youngsters'.

Anyway, since I received that delightful letter, I have refused to call it by any name other than "The Wart", and I will not wear a patch.

Next time you're on another peak which offers a good view of it, look at it. What do you think it loks more like. A tooth, or a wart growing out of Iroquois.

Shepards Tooth

Thanks for the address.

I climbed this "peak" with a friend one Memorial Day from Iroquis Pass. It was a great bushwhack. I once saw the patch on this dudes cap. It's a nice patch and I think I'll send away for one.:)

The only time I climbed the Tooth was 1989 and there was a large plastic container buried in the summit cairn with pre-addressed and stamped postcards to mail to the above address to get the patch. They also included a nice history of the Tooth, written (I believe) by Don Greene, #1949. Is that canister still there? I didn't know they were still distributing the patches.

I looked everywhere for the canister again last year and found nothing. I sure hope they have a few patched left.