SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Methinks MrsSherpaKroto has the same sense of humor as SK. Boy that must be a fun household!

SK, we've never met except vicariously though this board but please add my well wishes to the ever growing basket.

I don't know you but I still hope you Get Well Soon.
Your Memories of the Mountains, hiking and the support from your friends, is one of the greatest gifts and definitely is the best medicine.

It only hurts when you laugh??

Okay, I'm off the board for a couple days and look what happens! SK - I told you to stay away from Killington!!

I'm just sick enough to have had some grins reading this thread... gotta believe that Sherpa is finding all kinds of humor, too. Look at all the lurkers that you're pulling out of the bushes!! A post from Carmel? Now there's a treat! And, some great humor sent your way in the vein of well wishing... i.e. the Dr. and more. Family testimonials, your likeness posted in tribute, and a decent looking pix at at that - how'd that happen? All I could think when I read the news was that I wanted to say something witty to brighten your day, but not make you laugh... oh, what the heck -- it's gotta hurt. :p

Keep up the spirit!
Enjoy the drugs and get back to "normal" as soon as possible. As MrsSherpaKroto says, probably sooner than we think...

[MrsSherpaKroto... a nice six-syllable roll off the tongue] :)

Update

I just left Paul after a very long day.

He is really a mess, but he knows you are all sending love and laughter, I spent some time reading the posts to him.
After his ride from Vermont, it took several hours of several good drugs to get him a little more comfortable.
Hopefully tommorrow will be a little easier for him.
If i'm not making sense it's probably because I'm a little shaken after seeing him, he looks bad and i'm tired from todays events.

Thanks again,
Elle :(

more morphine?????

maybe they'll make him bionic after all is said and done!!!
kroto will pull through this,i mean if he can put up with me on a baxter trip with a semi broken ankle, and 40 miles of the long trail,the rest is cake! :eek:

Hey SK - so sorry to hear about your accident. With all the love and good wishes from your VFTT family you will be up and back out there on the trails again in no time.

MrsSherpaKroto - better warn those folks at Lahey Clininc they will need to install a revolving door on his room! Please pass along our best wishes for a speed recovery.

better warn those folks at Lahey Clininc they will need to install a revolving door on his room
I talked with Paul yesterday. My impression is he wants to be left alone, at least for the next few weeks - until he starts feeling a bit better. He's pretty banged up and needs his rest.

Gris said:
I talked with Paul yesterday. My impression is he wants to be left alone, at least for the next few weeks - until he starts feeling a bit better. He's pretty banged up and needs his rest.

when I spoke with him - I also got this impression. Thanks Elle for the kind updates: Elle - we never met, but I was with paul on Rainier last summer and was proud to be a part of his success there. Becuase of that trip - I hiked with paul a few times last year and developed a nice freindship with him. :) :) :)

you guys take care in this trying time - and know we are all pulling for him and your family on this end.
:D

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Elle!

I agree that we shouldn't all attack the Lahey en masse. Don't get me wrong, I do plan to visit SK at some point since he's now less than 2 miles from me, but I'm going to wait a bit and let him rest and heal some before I drop in and harass him for making up this excuse for not being at the upcoming Tuckerman weekend. :)

Mrs. SK,

It is amazing how a ride home (okay close to home) can be so painful. A couple of years ago when my wife was ill, after a month in a NJ hospital they brought her back to a CT (the Red Sox fan side :D ) Rehab Hospital.

The ride was so bad that they shipped my wife off to a regular hospital for a few days before going back to Rehab. (Shipped is about right as she felt like freight & only someone getting paid by the hour would consider crossing the GWB on a Saturday in July in the afternoon)

Once the trauma of the ride is over, he will be very happy to be close to home.

Thanks Elle for keeping us posted on his recovery!

i can't express howmuch your words and wishes mean to me. i am at thw lahwy clunic in buelington. still qorking out the extent of injuries. i should be here until mon or tues, then rehab,then `3-6 months therapy. look and feel pretty grim right bow.

your kind words mean everything to me.

i'm fine financiallt, but i'll gladly take a 1/2 share of a winning powerball tick l)

SherpaKroto said:
i can't express howmuch your words and wishes mean to me. i am at thw lahwy clunic in buelington. still qorking out the extent of injuries. i should be here until mon or tues, then rehab,then `3-6 months therapy. look and feel pretty grim right bow.

i'm fine financiallt, but i'll gladly take a 1/2 share of a winning powerball tick l)

Great to see you've already discovered the Internet access at the Lahey. My boss found that part of his stay there a few months back the most interesting -- aside from the nurses, of course! :D

But don't push your luck with this crowd in getting us to share any powerball winnings. Our generosity goes only so far, mate! :p

SherpaKroto said:
look and feel pretty grim right bow.

We've seen you the morning after a Gathering, Sherpa. We'll still love ya, don't worry. :)

They have you sitting up already, that's good news.

Would you settle for 10% & two plane tickets? If I win we will be taking a trip to see family in CA. Even without the Powerball once I get out there I've got a couple of hikes planned (about three years ago they were planned :eek: ) In order to collect the 10% you will have to rehab & meet me on the summit. If I win, choices are Sonora, Lassen & Dana so rest now & then when the time is write hit the rehab! :D

Just in case we don't win, :eek: , the first Tuckerman's in NH is on me. :D :D :D

SK -
My belated wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
It'll take more than this to keep you down.
because YOU'RE THE MAN!

After all, you're the glue that holds this organization together.
Pity us now. We're glueless!

I'll be looking forward to visiting when the time's right.
jt

SherpaKroto said:

You wild and crazy kid, always out playing on your skis. You were probably in the terrain park, hucking some wild air, knowing your skiing style. What was in your ski pole flasks anyways?

Get well soon, I've got hiking and skiing plans for you!

-dave-

Sherpa

Hi all, Paul had a rough Saturday as we expected. naseau is terrible and with all the many pain meds he's having a hard time eating anything but Jello.

But he is a trooper. Another catsacn and we are waiting for more info.

Just think a skinny sherpa, I cant wait:)!!

He posted yesterday by means of a flat screen tv/pc with a touch screen, but went down hill as the day progressed.

This is going to take some time and I think he is just realizing how long.

He sends his love and I'm sure he would gladly be with you all on some summit.

God bless you and keep safe,

Elle

Not being one to monitor the “Trips & Events” much, I missed this until just now.

To make up for lost time . . . Sherpa K is one of my favorite VFTT posters -- an inspiration especially to “bigger” guys who love to hike. I was saddened by news of his injuries, and wish him a swift and full recovery.

G.