SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey SherpaK

Happy B-day!! We were the same age for a couple of days, but all is well now that your once again older! :> Congrats on celebrating your 22st anniversary of turning 29! So glad to hear that you are enjoying at home with your family!

Hang in there! Just another trun in the road of life - many years from now you will look back at all this and smile about all the love that came your way.

No more baseball predictions from me...hope you enjoyed the win last night Sherpa!....ps...don't forget about out end of the season wager...

spoke with SK tonight to offer a hand - I had heard he had some water issues. I asked him if he needed help - . He said its (water in basement) under control for now - has some family helping out, but will not hesitate to ask for help if he needs it - pretty safe to assume he would get it from some of us if need be.

Sending more your way...

WATER, that is!! Yep, sittin here on the western edge of the Northeast just sending more wet weather your way!!

Hearing about all of the water and new northerastern state(s) (something called Emergency??) I was wondering how many were handling it all. No doubt, one who came to mind was SK and where he was in the middle of it all.

Good to know that the excessive water is outside the body -- not inside causing problems. Also hoping the healing is coming right along. Without any "episodes" this post could get buried. How the glasses doing?

[Wonder what the High Point is in the State of Emergency?] :rolleyes:

[Wonder what the High Point is in the State of Emergency?]

Greylock... Just under 3500', however, it's in the Berkshires and western MA! Sherpa's probably closer to Mt Washington or perhaps Jeremoth Hill in RI.... :)

Jay

Jay H said:
Greylock... Just under 3500', however, it's in the Berkshires and western MA! Jay
Damn engineers!! Jay, you took that WAY too literal! It was suppose to get you thinking outside the box... you know, the new State of Emergency -- the highpoint?? As maybe the highpoint is 13Feet above flood level???

Good to know the Kroto household is under control. Thanks for the update Giggy. And yes, there are many strong backs, legs and hands on this site that would be available if needed!

Seeker said:
Good to know the Kroto household is under control. Thanks for the update Giggy. And yes, there are many strong backs, legs and hands on this site that would be available if needed!
Strong as tractor, nearly as smart, that's the VftT team. :)

-dave-

Update

Well, it's been an "interesting" week. Had many well wishers visit and call, and as always, that really raises my spirits (a good thing, since I can't raise any other "spirits" for the forseeable future). Gris and MadTownie were by and I actually got to do something normal: played my drums with them (Gris on guitar, Townie on keyboards) for about 20 minutes... then crawled up the stairs to bed. Felt good to be alive!

Then 2 hours later, we discovered the water in the basement... Had a real feeling of helplessness as I knew that I could not help with the vacuuming. A definite lowpoint for me. Ms Sherpa, Kayla, and her boyfriend Eric were there all through the night keeping the water at bay (15 gallons an hour). Elle and Kayla were to continue that through the next 2 days, with me sneaking down when they could not take it anymore. My buddy Froggie, who was in from Long Beach on vacation also came by and spent an entire night doing all of the vacuuming (thank God!). BoB also came by on his way to Maine and helped Kayal. With all this effort, we were able to stay ahead of the flood (unlike Arm, based on channel 7 news!). Now all we have is some major cleanup!

In the middle of all of this, our kitchen sink logged (I'm sure somewhat related to the flooding). This was discovered when the dishwhasher overflowed (hey, what's a little more water in the basement anyway?). The pipe connecting it to the drain had a small crack, so all the water just drained into the sink, then out the crack (when it rains, it pours). I finally got the sink fixed today (after 3 days of working at it), and the clog cleared. Getting a plumber out for a small job right now was not an option (we tried), so I had to play plumber.

On the health front, injuries are mostly healing well, but the clots have taken on a life of their own. We have been unable to control my INR level, so my Coumadin prescription was doubled, and I get the fun of also taken daily shots of Lovenox. Here's a bad visual: I wear compression leotards all day to keep the swelling down (if I have to suffer, so do you all :)) This is defintely what is holding my recovery back. Big time.

Anyway, I again thank all of you for your continued well wishes, cards, visits, calls, and overall support! I don;t know why I am so blessed to have you all as friends, but I certainly know how fortunate I am!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Sherpa--glad to hear from you. Sounds like it's been an intense homecoming--15 gallons an hour, cripes!

How cool that you could play the drums though--it must have felt wonderful. :)

SK Glad to hear you are getting on well. Better you than me in those damn compression stockings. I had to wear them for a week and never again!!!
BTW, Loveonx is one of our key products and a damn good one at that. Your Doc is giving you a great product!!
Cheers

How cool that you could play the drums though...
He didn't play them, he wailed on em. He's damn good - way, way better than his self depricating poor mouth would have you believe. But, as anyone who's ever fished, kayak raced, skied or "doctored" against Sherp will tell you, watch out for this dude - he's got the eye of the tiger! :D