Snow in the Catskills (Is it true?)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarthNsky

Reaction score
No snow in the Catskills right now? I'm planning on going there this weekend and doing the Blackheads, Windham HP and probably Kaaterskill HP. From what I understand, there is no snow at all in the Catskills except for on the tops of the mountains. This winter is crazy.

sd1_today.jpg

We've got snow...not a ton but still a couple of inches of ground cover at lower elevations and enough for snowshoes on the mountains. But it's going fast. Next few days all call for temps in the high 30's and low 40's. By this weekend we'll have a lot less again!

Yep, it's been a pretty sad winter..... :( Hasn't been a good year for skiing either, just think winter is half over too.

If we can all find that little blue dot* within the light blue morsel about to get pinched by the giant white hand, we'll be alright!

*looks to be somewhere in Sullivan County?

Jay

It could be pretty much gone down here after today. Went out for a little hike 2 days ago on Overlook and there wasnt enough there to say so.

Jay H said:
If we can all find that little blue dot* within the light blue morsel about to get pinched by the giant white hand, we'll be alright!

*looks to be somewhere in Sullivan County?

Jay
Looks as though someone left their meat locker open on Rt 47 in Branch. ;)

You all should head over here. We got slammed.
Hopefully we'll still have some base after friday.

well

perhaps we'll see some snow today,atleast enough to make the ground white. Looks like it'll be cold this weekend. I haven't been as motivated to hike this year since it's been so mild.

The northwestern Catskills have recieved less than an inch of snow since Friday morning, and the existing snowcover is pretty threadbare. The storm did deliver a lot of wind, some thunder and lightning and a brief episode of rain yesterday. Ever since then, several sputtering snow showers have burst forth, but faded without much accumulation.

Kida frustrating, like much of the season so far,

porky pine