snowshoe accessories

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmegillon149

Reaction score
does anyone know where to purchase snowshoe "upgrades". I have older Tubbs and like my shoes in terms of traction/flotation, there is just a few things I would change. Rather than buy new shoes, was wondering if I could get new pieces. There is not a place on either Tubbs' or MSR's website to buy such items.

Specifically I definately would like Televator attachments, my friends have MSR's with these seemingly great features. I also have thought about a binding upgrade at some point in the future.

Modifying vs purchasing accessories

Well, I'm pretty sure this would void your warranty (not a problem if your snowshoes are older than a year I would say), I'm sure you could easily drill 2 holes in the frame of your snowshoes and put purchase some high-strength metal bars and mold them to an inverted U-shape. Provided that there is enough outward force to keep your home-made televator, it should work nicely.

Fish

that has crossed my mind, I just was hoping there was an attachment available, especially given that there are screws holding the heel pad on, which would be a good place for it.

Not sure about Tubbs but I know that Atlas has a program where you can send back your shoes and they will (for a fee) upgrade various components such as bindings, decking, etc. so long as they can use the existing frame. I actually talked them into upgrading my entire shoe (from series 8's to series 12's) at one point and they mistakenly sent my old shoes back with the new ones, when I called them they told me to keep them they didn't want them back - sweet! :)

I think Tubbs is actually owned by Atlas now or vice versa - give them a call, good luck!

Steve