Snowshoe race

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewski

Reaction score
Hey all---check out the pittsfield snowshoes race---2nd annual.
great time with good food..

www.peak.com

sat.march 8th pittsfield vt..

what's this "race" like? Is it all professionals with racing-type snowshoes, or do a lot of people who really aren't racing enter? I have no idea if I could even "run" in my MSR's but the whole event seems like fun to me...

excuse me

dRitter said:
are you running it in the "Old Goat" class? :D
old goat--that sounds like a challenge??
i finished ahead of a bunch of YOUNG goats last year...

There's enough gray in my beard this year that I think I can use that term freely - no harm intended.

BTW, if the calendar supports it I might just challenge you to an old goat race, you just gotta be willing to add a bushwhack section.

Damon

This looks great Drew! I've heard a lot of good things and Andy the race director I know always does a great job at his other races. The better site to the race and the other races in the area is www.peakraces.com

Just this list of after race is good enough to go.

* Lobster and shrimp dinner
* Plenty of long trail beer!
* Awards ceremony
* Video presentation.

The race isn't just for racers, a lady ran a few miles last year pregnant on her official due date just to stretch her legs, lol! :eek:

Quick course notes:
* 6.55 mile loops. Trail (un-groomed) and snowmobile trails. Course will be marked with ribbons and signs. Marathon - 4 loops. Half Marathon - 2 loops.
* There's also a great one loop FUN RUN that's perfect for anyone wanting to try out snowshoing! :)

I will be attempting to beat Drew, hope your leaving the lead at the starting line Drew. :p