SPNHF trailwork days on Mt Monadnock

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arghman

Reaction score
Goffstown, NH Avatar: No Once-lers or thneeds
FYI. In case you weren't aware of it, the Society for the Protection of NH Forests owns 3928 acres on Mt Monadnock, including the summit, starting from a 600-acre purchase in 1913.

MONADNOCK TRAILS WEEK – July 11, 12, 13, 14, 15- Monadnock State Park (Jaffrey)

Get ready for the 4th Annual Monadnock Trails Week (MTW) – this year MTW will be held on July 11 (Sat) through 15 (Wed)! Due to the extensive amount of ice storm damage to the Monadnock region, this is a very important year for volunteer work on Monadnock’s Trails. The Forest Society has secured a grant to help us buy lots of new tools and to assist with some of the professional sawyer work required, but in order to get the funding we need to have MANY hours of volunteer labor match! So please consider helping out at least one of these days if you can!!! There will be a BBQ dinner after the workday on Tuesday July 14th also, to which everyone who participates in the week is invited.

WHERE: Monadnock State Park, Jaffrey. We will meet each day at Park Headquarters and carpool to work site(s).

WHEN: July 11-15. Come for one day or multiple days! 9AM to 3:30 PM each day.

WORK: Clearing ice damage from trails, building waterbars and stone steps, marking trails, general trail work

WHAT CAN YOU BRING? Work gloves (if you have your own), sturdy hiking boots, work clothes, a bag lunch, and lots of water. We’ll provide coffee & donuts in the morning, and all tools and safety gear.

RSVP: To Carrie Deegan, [email protected] or 603-224-9945 x318

Jason, thanks for posting this as I hadn't noticed it yet. I'm available most days that week so will try and get out there as much as possible.

Friendly reminder to other folks with a love for the Monadnocks, the Mondanock Sunapee Greenway Trail could sure use some help on June 6th. Please see my post here for details.

FYI. In case you weren't aware of it, the Society for the Protection of NH Forests owns 3928 acres on Mt Monadnock, including the summit, starting from a 600-acre purchase in 1913.
Hmm, I thought there was still some question as to whether it was actually on Town of Jaffrey property acquired in the previous century.

In any case, the state park does not own it but does manage it

Thanks for posting, I'll try to go

I spent a day clearing storm debris from the ski trails, there was a lot of blowdown but nothing that I considered difficult or dangerous (except the guy that climbed a tree to clear a hanging branch that I would have left). The area with the most blowdown was caled Wendy's Wall of Wood, she (in red) left it the previous day but came back with a chain saw :)

video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/steverinodotcom#play/all/uploads-all/0/HNbqWGNZ8rA