State putting a Toll Gate on the Kanc.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Reaction score
Massassachusetts Avatar: It looks easy on t
It was announced this morning at the New Hampshire state capital, that the cash strapped state, in an effort to alleviate budget problems, will construct toll plazas at both the east and west entrance of the Kancamagus Highway. "When tourist driving this roadway see how beautiful the scenery really is, they should have no problems paying a few dollars to help keep the great state of New Hampshire afloat", said one state Representative who wishes to remain anonymous.
"It's about time we stick it to all those out-of-staters and out-door hiker type people who come here, drink in the beauty, leaving almost none for the locals to see, and not paying a dime", said another state official.

Construction should begin sometime after the snow melts

A toll amount is still to be worked out, but it highly thought that the exact amount will be based on the Blue Book value of the vehicle being driven.

It was announced this morning at the New Hampshire state capital, that the cash strapped state, in an effort to alleviate budget problems, will construct toll plazas at both the east and west entrance of the Kancamagus Highway. "When tourist driving this roadway see how beautiful the scenery really is, they should have no problems paying a few dollars to help keep the great state of New Hampshire afloat", said one state Representative who wishes to remain anonymous.
"It's about time we stick it to all those out-of-staters and out-door hiker type people who come here, drink in the beauty, leaving almost none for the locals to see, and not paying a dime", said another state official.

Construction should begin sometime after the snow melts

A toll amount is still to be worked out, but it highly thought that the exact amount will be based on the Blue Book value of the vehicle being driven.
They could also put a brothels in the toll booth. Make love to your toll booth operator, hike, contribute to the NH economy all in one.

-Dr. Wu

Nice wording. Any chance this official was named? Are they still employed? If so, why?
:(

If they choose to do so that's one thing. "Official" comments using the words "stick it to" don't make sense in a state that relies so much on tourism.

Nice wording. Any chance this official was named? Are they still employed? If so, why?
:(

If they choose to do so that's one thing. "Official" comments using the words "stick it to" don't make sense in a state that relies so much on tourism.

Check the date! :D

Unfortunately, NYS *IS* taxing things that make this sound reasonable! :eek:

Walker forgot to add that to make this toll booth idea more palatable to out-of-state hikers, one legislator has proposed that each driver who wishes to allow a voluntary search will be issued a sticker certifying that the car has been searched and nothing of value has been found in it, alerting thieves to target their efforts more precisely.

It's aimed at preventing Mainiacs from infiltrating New Hampshire. We have that on good authority.

As the rap song in another thread says...we put liquor stores on the highway; so why not tolls in the mtns? Should add drive thru windows to the buildings when they rebuild the liquor stores. Could offer Kanc toll discounts to those that purchase certain amounts of booze.
We need to balance the budget and it's our NH way to get it from others.

They could also put a brothels in the toll booth. Make love to your toll booth operator, hike, contribute to the NH economy all in one.

-Dr. Wu

If that toll booth operator looks like Amber Lynn (when she was in her prime) then I'll gladly contribute to help solving NH's budget problems. ;)

I just registered one of my cars this morning and got hit with a $45 "surcharge" that I was told was added to "balance the NH state budget".

I need someone to help my balance my own budget. :rolleyes:

In the fall, if those new ;) toll booths on the Kanc took the express E-Z pass, I'd take it if they would keep the leaf peepers off.