Stewart Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTSpoons

Reaction score
3/5, finally got to the summit of this cute little ADK 100 highest mountain. I followed ADK 88 and Ocoman trail from the previous week. The snow conditions have changed completely. The snow has consolidated so traveling was much easier. I reached the ridge without much problem. After pushing through some cripplebrush for a short while I began the push toward the summit. The big question of the day, how far did these two make it last week before turning around.

Well it seems Ocoman had returned on Sunday and continued the push toward the summit. It was my hope he had made it all the way.

So here I am out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden I actually hear a voice, needless to say I jumped a bit. Than I said it must have been some tree moving or something like that. Within seconds I heard it again and than he appeared, it was Ocoman, he had come back to finish the peak. So the two of us continued on to the summit.

The peak offers some nice views toward the west, particularly Whiteface and points north.

Great day on this peak.