Sunapee & Pillsbury parking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guthook

Reaction score
I've tried calling Sunapee and Pillsbury State Parks with these questions, but no one's answering. I guess it's too early in the season for them to be staffed.

Does anyone know about parking for these two places? In particular:
1. Pillsbury Park is gated right now, but there's a pretty large area in front of the gate where a car could probably fit without blocking access. Is parking near that gate okay?

2. Sunapee-- I'm trying to figure the best place to leave a car for a few days to do the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway. I'd imagine parking at the ski resort is probably okay, right?

I've tried calling Sunapee and Pillsbury State Parks with these questions, but no one's answering. I guess it's too early in the season for them to be staffed.

Does anyone know about parking for these two places? In particular:
1. Pillsbury Park is gated right now, but there's a pretty large area in front of the gate where a car could probably fit without blocking access. Is parking near that gate okay?

2. Sunapee-- I'm trying to figure the best place to leave a car for a few days to do the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway. I'd imagine parking at the ski resort is probably okay, right?

From the M-S website:

Can I park a car long term at Mt.Sunapee (the ski area)?
Typically yes, but call them before and check, 603-763-2356.

People do it all the time, but I can't grant official approval

Like A says call them, they should be staffed year round at least for messages - what you don't want is to park in the area they want to sweep or pave that week

Sounds good to me! Thanks you two.

Anyone know if the Andrew's Brook Trail is okay for parking at for a weekend? It's more of a gravel shoulder not far from a few houses, but it seems like a nicer trail than the one from the ski resort.

The MSG trail guide states that there is limited parking at the Andrew Brokk trail head on the west side of the road where the trail begins. It asks that you don't block the "wood road".

I left mine at Sunapee while hiking the Greenway. You need to call and tell them you'll be there and they'll tell you where they want you to park. Shouldn't be problem beyond that.

Parking at the start of the Andrew Brook Trail has always been fine and it is not under the control of those who lease the ski area.

Parking @ Andrew Brook Trail

My crew adopts Andrew Brook Trail. Parking is on the shoulder of the road. Head-in or back-in parking is possible for most of it, and doubles how many cars can share it. The trail is very popular. Almost all use is day hikes. I am thinking a through-hike of the MSG is much better arranged by leaving the car at the ski area with its big parking lots, hiking up the Summit Trail on moderate grades, and thus starting the Greenway from its true north end, with fine views northward that are not to be had via Andrew Brook.
Besides, the Town of Newbury is quite capable of changing the parking rules on the shoulder of their road if we give them excuse enough.

I just went to Pillsbury today and parked before the gate. When I got back to my car, there was another car in front of mine, and a maintenance crew that was working in the park was totally okay with it. Good enough for me!

I'll call the resort about parking there for the MSG hike. That sounds like the best option.