Tara finishes the 48 on Wildcat

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruddy Toes

Reaction score
Some of you may know Tara- aka Taracard
She finished her 48 on Wildcat A on Sunday - a great accomplishment- Is she now ready to live a normal life??? We will have to wait and see

Tara is not a VFTT member (but a wannabe) and I believe she is a serious lurker. I will not speak speak for her, but channel the folowing message I recieved from her to all of you out there (including lurkers)

What a day it was on top of Wildcat A to finish the long awaited 48 !!! Darn good company from cruddy toes and his fans from Vermont. We celebrated in the sun with great views, cookies and hot tea and virtually no wind. Trail was pretty well blazed thanks to whomever -Happy trails to all and good luck!!!

The hike was preceded by a celebration of breakfast at the legendary Altopia. It was cold, but clear as we started up 19 Mile brook. The peaks were subjected to passing clouds, but we hoped for the best- which we were rewarded to - We had sunny skies on the summit. Tara was fortunate to be congratulated by one of the foremost peakbaggers of all time - Ed Hawkins who was leaving the summit as we arrived. It was as though he planned it all along. The Marching band also was a nice touch.

Tara is a great hiker, strong and legendary to all those who meet her with er charm and grace. She once thought that these great mountains of NH were not that great, having been a Coloradoan for 7 years, but now she has been transformed and will continue to tread these trails forever.

:D May she now have peace

Congrats Taracard