Taxi Service

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody

Reaction score
I'm considering a backpacking trip from Gorham through the Mahoosucs to Grafton Notch. I may be doing this solo so I need to get a ride back to Gorham. Can anyone recommend one of the Taxi/shuttle services out of Gorham to provide a ride? I checked the AMC website and here are some of the listings. I'm hoping for either a recommendation or maybe a warning of who to stay away from.

E-Z Taxi
603-752-4696 or 603-466-9922

Bruce Feige
603-466-5282

White Mountain Tour Service
603-466-2127

Dependable Taxi
603-752-8294

Thanks

Woody

There is no cell service in Grafton Notch. Trying to coordinate a pickup if you're not on time could be very difficult.

If your itinerary and desire allow, I would recommend you take the taxi or shuttle there to start, then hike back to Gorham. That way you don't need to have any transportation worries hanging over your head, especially in the Mahoosucs, which are incredible to backpack.

I have no experience with any of those taxi services but I agree with MichaelJ: leave your car at the finish and have the taxi shuttle you to your start point.

There is also a new AT hiker hostel on RT 2 (south side) immediately west of the trail crossing at Shelburne. I don't know if they do shuttles or not and I don't know the name, unfortunately. Maybe someone else on the board knows? Peakbagger?

When do you plan to make the trip?
-vegemtic

Maybe check the current edition of the Wingfoot Guide to the AT (I have a very old copy, otherwise I'd post some leads)-- I know that in peak thruhiker season the Glenn Ellis Hostel in Andover does regular daily pick ups at B Hill Rd -- there could be similar hostels doing the same in Grafton?? Also -- try calling any of the thruhiker hostels in the area, many arrange rides.

Have fun! GREAT area!

Hey Woody! I'm happy to hear that you were able to arrange travel and thought this was a good time to give a shameless plug to the

Pine Ellis B&B in Andover, Maine
for all your slackpacking needs!!

Glad to hear they are still serving the AT community. Have a GREAT backpack!:)