Tecumseh 7.17.05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpschroder

Reaction score
After hiking with LenDawg on Sunday I decided for a late hike of Tecumseh.

Pictures are here

I still needed Tecumseh for my 48 4000 footer list and I had skipped it the week before because of a late start on the Osceolas so, even though it was late I decided to hike it anyway to get it over with. I decided I would take the Tecumseh Trail from the Tripoli Road and run when I could. I got on the trail at 5:50PM, hoping I would get back to my car before it was dark and knowing the book time was 4 hours and 25 minutes. After about ten minutes of running I couldn’t keep it up and wondered how the hell anyone runs up mountains. (to all those Pemi Loop runners you guys are awesome!) I kept a brisk pace up the mountain and after an hour found myself at a level summit enclosed in the fog. I knew it couldn’t be the summit and it was getting late so, I checked the time and decided I would turn around if I didn’t reach the real summit by 7:20. I hiked on as fast as I could already soaked by the fog and my own sweat, but now the thick and wet trees and shrubs were drenching me as well. It was miserable and late in the day, but at 7:12 I started a final ascent to the summit and got there just in time at 7:19. The summit was completed surrounded by fog so I had an excellent view of trees and the cairn. After spending a minute or two on the summit I ran down to my car in a little over an hour. I kept thinking happy thoughts as I spooked myself through the dense, dark and wooded sections of the hike. And I was happy, Tecumseh was done!

I told you were insane!!! Did you see any little bears on the side of the path at the end?