Tecumseh 8/9

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooly

Reaction score
After a very late start and a 4 hour drive through Boston in stop n go traffic, i finally arrived in the Whites with my friend JP. We hit Tecumseh because the late hour, the short trip and the ease of the trail. Jp got a severe ankle sprain about six weeks ago trail running with me, and wanted to test it out.

I quickly noticed JP was falling behind due to his ankle but he assured me he'd make it. I hiked at my usual pace for a while, continually returning to my normal hiking reveries, before i looked back and saw no sign of the limp bastard. Whether he turned back or not, i was headed for the top. The trail was damp and a bit slick and shadowed in the late afternoon sunlight. The air was cool and comfortable as i neared the top. The sky was littered with Simpson's-like clouds as i peared through the trees for broken views. I had stopped to make some clothing adjustments when i heard the faint sounds of footsteps and waited to see who was there. To my amazement, the ol gimpy goat ,JP, appeared from around a corner. We climbed the short distance to top laughing hysterically at god-knows-what. We stayed for about 45 minutes, taking in the limited but clear views, snacking and laughing yet some more. We were back at the trailhead less than an hour later with plans to meet gillian, skimom, gig, leaf and mountain girl @ the lake house for fire and multiple over "21" beverages. Great way to end a great day!

wow, tecumseh. yeah, what a nightmare of a peak.

good thing we all drank enough to forget the battle it took to summit.

geez

"I was pretty lubed up when you guys got there"

geez, what kind of party was it??

thought your family was there giggy......

Gillian said:
Thanks for havin' us at the lakehouse skimom - how are my little friends under the umbrellas?? :)

well.... I guess they're fine... they're not in my hair :eek:

gooly said:
Sorry i didn't mow your lawn Skimom!! ;) Great pics from a fun weekend!!

don't worry about that gooly - that's now in my hands. :p