Thanksgiving weekend trip

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediclimber

Reaction score
As luck would have it, I have off for the entire four day Thanksgiving weekend for a change. Two of my friends are also off so we are planning a trip to either the Daks- Great Range traverse, or the Whites- Presidential traverse. I have done both already and both of my friends are good at winter mountaineering and technical ice also. We just cann't seem to decide on which to do. The only drawback we have for the Prez trip is the need for two vehicles to complete it, one at the start and one at the finnish. Help us make our minds up.

I think I would let weather and trail conditions decide. November can have 3 feet of snow in the 'dax, or just on top like last year. If you hike fast, and drive fast, maybe you could do both :p.

Right now I'm leaning more toward the Daks than the Whites. I'd rather be stomping along on snowshoes right now than fighting winds on a ridge. Must be getting old or something.