Thanksgiving

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same to you and the rest of the VFTT and extended family! Gobble Gobble.

Doing the usual family thing thursday and then hiking somewhere on the weekend. Friday plans are unsure, I'l probably be going home from my parents and raking leaves and packing for the weekend...

Jay

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We are thankful to be with friends and family for this holiday.

Perhaps will do some county highpointing to work off the turkey -- 220 feet above New York Harbor to the top of Kings County, the lowest county highpoint in New York State.

Pat T

Best wishes for a Happy (and safe) Thanksgiving to all!!! :)

No special plans yet until I fully recover right after New Year's!!!! :eek:

Happy Holiday to all and safe traveling....

I'm going to Sedona Arizona for the 3 day weekend...first time...hiking poles not fitting in the luggage :mad:
will try to figure it out..

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

Had our festivities last night due to family work commitments today.

My daughter and I are getting ready to head out in a few minutes for our fourth annual 5K turkey trot. Seems to have become a tradition since the first one. A lot of fun and for a good cause. Benefits Family of New Paltz. Well got go.

Safe and Happy Holidays.

Gobble :) Gobble :eek:

Been up since 4 AM - the pies are now done, and the turkey's in the oven!

Good size crowd here today - 16 of us! Good to be with family today, and will be out hiking on Saturday with some friends. A lot to be thankful for - including the gang here!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone - be safe, and enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Have fun in the Turkey Trot George. :)

Getting the stuffing made, smells yummy, then to start peeling everything.:eek: There will be eight/nine at my table this year, we have been blessed to spend another TG together. :) My dad loves to see his children/grandchildren together.

Looking forward to a nice walk around the lake as soon as I get done peeling and preparing, dinner isn't until 4:00PM!!

Happy Trails - Cindy

Veggies prepped last night and ready to go. Turkey in the oven in a few minutes. Family will arrive later and we will do our annual walk ont he beach. My sister does the baking. Unfortunately I work on Friday and Saturday so no hiking for me this weekend. I do have a 15K trail run on Sunday (The Dirty Bird) though so that will suffice in place of a hike Happy Thanksgiving to all.

We are thankful to be with friends and family for this holiday.

Perhaps will do some county highpointing to work off the turkey -- 220 feet above New York Harbor to the top of Kings County, the lowest county highpoint in New York State.

Pat T
There's a nice story in today's NY Times of historic cemeteries in the city. Featured is a picture from the height of Green-Wood cemetery in Brooklyn (= Kings county - today's high point for you) looking over to the lower Manhattan skyline. Beautiful. Enjoy your outing.

View from the top of Brooklyn

Last edited:
Today we eat, for this weekend, I hike!
(in between, the snow tires get mounted)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, Turkey or Tofu, family or friends.
:)

And let's not forget this Thanksgiving classic

Yup, today my dysfunctional family eats together. Tomorrow, I hike to release the stress and the calories. Rest on Saturday and hit the trail again on Sunday.

Last edited: