The Final Three

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Started out at the ADK Loj with a party of four. Trail to Wright, well packed. Partly sunny with snow flurries in the air at the summit. Three of us continued on to Algonquin. Above tree line, wind packed snow. Started to snow hard. When we reached the summit, the sun came out. The winds were in the neighborhood of 30 miles an hour. Continued on to the summit of Iroqouis. Trail was still wind packed, but hard. Reached the summit at 11:12 a.m. which concluded my 46 winter peaks. :D After a small break, we returned back. Two of the party dropped to Lake Colon and out to Marcy Dam and I returned over Algonquin. It was an excellent da for a hike. Many thanks to the people who have helped me in the past with information on winter hiking.

Last edited:
Congratulations Sam!!!
My hiking buddy, Andy, finished his W46 on Algonquin Saturday as well. He sat for about 2 hours on the summit soaking in the sun while the rest of his group headed to Iroq. I had just flown back from San Diego Friday Midnite, or else I would have been up there as well.
Now onto your 115?