The Hancocks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooly

Reaction score
I finally decided that enough was enough, that i shouldn't be whiner and not go hiking because of some stupid summer cold(and the fact that both mookie and gillian were calling me out on it!). So, i got my junk together, whistled for JJ (aka Jackson) to hop in the car and we headed up north to meet up with gillian. We would later meet up with mookie, who had domestic responsibilities to tend to, at Lafayette Campground for a sunday hike.

After setting up camp, and seeing how great the views were to be for the day, we decided that we would hike the hancocks. I needed to get them anyway. So we grabbed a bite to eat and made our way to the trailhead...

Upon arriving, with my body aching, head throbbing, and jj going berzerker in the back of the car, i questioned why i was there again. gillian told me to suck it up and that i'd probly feel better after we walked a while...i reluctantly agreed.

It was very relieving to fill my lungs with some seemingly medicated mountain air along with our first strides of what would be a quick paced hike. As usual, jj led the way...

We moved at a good clip through the flat areas and over the brook crossings, which seem to be jackson's favorite(he should probly get an award for the wettest/muddiest dog) and turned left at the trail junction towards the north peak. This is where gillian mentioned "a bit of a climb" up ahead. The pace slowed a bit, ok, a lot upon ascending. I felt very sluggish and tired, but trudged on to the top to be rewarded with a fanastic view of the inside of a cloud, and a couple of snacks.

We continued on to the south peak and arrived at the top not too long after. There we had another short break. JJ seemed a little impatient with our delay, so we began our descent down the steep sorta slick trail. Before long, jj was finished terrorizing the brook crossings and we were back to the car...just in time for the rain to begin...

We then went out for pizza and waited for the rain to stop and for mookie...

Hey, except for the sickness (but not the slowness) that's pretty much my trip report from Saturday with Juniper and Ravi. :)

We started at 10:00, finished around 3:15. We went clockwise, so if you did the same we probably were ahead or behind you the whole way.

gooly said:
I finally decided that enough was enough, that i shouldn't be whiner and not go hiking because of some stupid summer cold(and the fact that both mookie and gillian were calling me out on it!).

...turns out that the stupid summer cold was something a bit more! I don't think mookie and I would have been so pushy with the patient if we had known...

David Metsky said:
We started at 10:00, finished around 3:15. We went clockwise, so if you did the same we probably were ahead or behind you the whole way.

We started at around noon time following you clockwise - good hike in the clouds!

wish i would have just gone over to the whites on saturday morning instead of waiting until saturday eve. oh well. i got a short hike in on the way home sunday but i wish i was not so impatient. would have loved to hav hiked moosilauke on sunday.

Gillian said:
...turns out that the stupid summer cold was something a bit more! I don't think mookie and I would have been so pushy with the patient if we had known...

... that it was extremely contagious ... ?? gross !!

You guys all stink for hiking without me. The rule is, if I can't go, you sit at home and do nothing. I though that was clear. No ??

WEML !!!

skimom,
get your butt out this week!!! will be doing ellen , abraham and ?????? on thursday, then camping somewhere on the LT. then going down to killington on friday, provided gooly is ok

mookie said:
skimom,
get your butt out this week!!! will be doing ellen , abraham and ?????? on thursday, then camping somewhere on the LT. then going down to killington on friday, provided gooly is ok

LOL !!!! Gooly is NOT ok ....

Hey, you know where I am this weekend. You sing well? :eek: