Things are Meant to be

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before this thread possibly spirals out of control. I think that there are many of us who have lost a pet and can relate. Some of us have had to put a pet down and this hits all of us at a visceral level. It would make the understanding of the event easier if it was explained in more depth. I don’t believe that anyone is passing judgment. DoubleBows’ comment specifically states he wasn’t casting any judgments on the owners actions.

Keith

Last edited:
j sin said:
....but instantly I am jumped on for what I did. Thanks for reafirming my disgust in human nature..
J-Sin,
I think your reactions seem a little harsh at this point. No one has criticized you for what you did and everone has expressed sympathy - I haven't seen a post where someone jumped on you about your actions.
I also agree that I don't think anyone is passing judgement and these are are good questions - I would have the same questions and concerns of what to do in my mind if something happened to one of my dogs out in the puckerbrush.

j sin said:
....When in life you feel the need to play judge or jury or on someone actions you must first understand that it truely isn't your place....
Double Bow specifically stated that he wasn't passing judgement in his comments. I also think if you open up a subject for discussion, as you did with this thread, you must be prepared to be open to people inquiring about further details.

j sin said:
....Thank you for souring my spirit again and truely understanding of how simple minded people are when they have all the defenses of sitting behind there screen. People in general suck Thanks for proving it Double Bow.
Again, your comments seem quite harsh in your thread. This is a pretty close-knit community and folks generally care about each other on this board.
I find that if I am really angry about something, it serves me best to stay away from the keyboard and thinks things out and try to see any other sides before I level charges at another board member as dire as disgust in human nature, simple-mindedness or that they suck in general.

I also re-read your first post
j sin said:
....I would like to start off an say that Most people you meet on the trail are worth a good hello an that's about it....
and I realize that you seem really angry about something or really down on others. I hope this is only depression you are suffering from the loss of your pet, as I find most folks in general are very friendly and have struck up some good friendships with those I have met on the trail.

Again, I know what you did with your pet wasn't easy, but try not to let simple questions stress you out so much. Good luck and I hope you find a nice pup to replace Cody.
Rick