Too busy?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewHampshire

Reaction score
Goffstown NH, Avatar:Sending out praise for the Re
Overall I like how this one came out (even if I could not get the usual water feathering I like), but looking at it I wonder if all the trees and ice make for too busy a picture.......

icyrivercopypn9.jpg

What do you think?

Brian

Yes, it is busy. It is a very difficult and challenging time of the year to photograph once the snow is no longer on the trees, and we are left with a jumble of bare hardwood branches.

But what works for me in this photo is the early morning or late afternoon sunlight in the background which bleeds through the bare branches and reflects some in the water. There is even a hit of that warm light on the white birches. So overall I find this to be pleasant scenery.

What seems to be lacking is a strong, definite subject. If you had more reflected color and/or more of your desired feathering in the water, then the stream might be the strong subject that would yield a more effective image.

Nice image!!! I like the scene you have captured. I think it has excellent compositional balance.

I agree with Mark about the light. Look for that that light in the back of forest scenes. It works wonders for depth and mood, IMO.

happy trails :)